Counseling & Mental Health
Delta’s School Counselor focuses on promoting academic, career and social/emotional success for all students. This is accomplished through education, prevention, intervention and collaboration with other educational professionals and community service providers.
Hazel Health is here to help, here for mental health. PSD & RSD students are able to access FREE services through the links below. KSD students, please reach out to Ms. Muir for resources available within your district.
Crisis phone numbers:
- Lourdes Crisis Services (24/7)*; 509-783-0500
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line - Text "Start" to 741-741
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Child Abuse Hotline - 1-800-4-A-Child (2-24453)
- Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Youth Crisis Hotline - 1-800-442-HOPE (4673)
- GLBT National Youth Talkline - 1-800-246-PRIDE (7743)
- The Trevor Project LGBT Crisis Line - 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline - 1-877-565-8860
*Lourdes is local.
Local help centers:
- My Friends Place - "For homeless teens ages 13-17 years old. Provides a safe and nurturing environment for children and teens when there are no other alternatives."
- ANSIL - "A residence for individuals ages 18-24 who are low income. Priority is given to those with limited or no family support and those who are homeless or at risk."
Apps to help with depression/suicidal thoughts/self-harming impulses:
- Calm - Helps with sleep, stress, and anxiety. This app is free and has in-app purchases. Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later on Apple products and Android requirement varies on Androids. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Calm Harm - Helps with self-harm urges. This app is free. Requires iOS 9.0 or later on Apple products and Android 5.0 or later on Androids. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Youper - Helps with anxiety and depression. This app is free and has in-app purchases. Requires iOS 11.0 or later on Apple products and Android 7.0 or later on Androids. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Mindshift - Helps with anxiety and changing the way you think about it. This app is free. Requires iOS 10.0 or later on Apple products and Android 5.0 or later on Androids. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- 28 Instagram accounts that destigmatize mental health https://www.verywellmind.com/30-instagram-accounts-that-destigmatize-mental-health-4707887
- 10 mental health support resources for the Latinx community https://hiplatina.com/mental-health-resources-for-latinx-community/
- NAMI tips on managing mental health https://www.nami.org/Your-Journey/Teens-Young-Adults
- Mental health websites especially for teens https://interface.williamjames.edu/guide/websites-especially-teens
- NAMI resources for Latinx youth https://nami.org/Your-Journey/Identity-and-Cultural-Dimensions/Hispanic-Latinx
- South Asian mental health website https://www.sasmha.org/mental-health
- MHA resources for Asian American and Pacific Islander youth https://www.mhanational.org/issues/asian-americanpacific-islander-communities-and-mental-health
- ADAA resources for Black youth https://adaa.org/finding-help/blackcommunitymentalhealth
- NAMI resources for indigenous youth https://www.nami.org/Your-Journey/Identity-and-Cultural-Dimensions/Indigenous
- Resources for LGBTQ+ youth: https://itgetsbetter.org/blog/initiatives/resources-poc/; https://itgetsbetter.org/blog/initiatives/resources-for-intersex-youth/; https://www.thetrevorproject.org/trvr_support_center/mental-health/