Communities in Schools
Communities In Schools helps students and their families address needs that go beyond the classroom. Site coordinators identify students needing support with the goal of keeping students engaged in school. While Delta HS does not have a site coordinator, our counselor may be able to connect students with resources through their home high school.
Types of support that can be provided are:
- Finding assistance for food, rent, utilities, clothes, and more
- Obtaining additional academic support for students in or out of school
- Connecting students and families with teachers and other staff
- Working with students to improve school attendance, behavior, or academics
- Providing assistance with finding a counselor or a mental health professional
- Talking about student concerns at school
For more information, contact Delta's counselor or visit the Communities In Schools Benton-Franklin website.