COVID Grade Replacement Info

Delta High School is providing the opportunity for students to improve high school credit-bearing grades from Trimester 3 of the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID-19 impacts. If you are taking any course in the same content area in the 2020-2021 school year, you can request a grade replacement.

Need help with this process?  Watch Mr. Johnson's handy-dandy instructional video on the grade replacement process:  Handy-Dandy Instructional Video

STEP 1: Identify any grades from 2019-2020 Trimester 3 that you would like to replace (check any grades that are below an "A").  Please reference the COVID Course Grade Replacements document below for a list of courses from T3 and possible replacement courses:  

COVID Course Grade Replacements

Example 1
You earned a “D” in Chemistry in Trimester 3 last year. In T2 of this year you take Biology and earn a “B.” You can request that your Biology grade replace your Chemistry grade.  Your high school transcript will show a "B" grade for each course. 

Example 2:
You earned a “B” in Science Fiction in Trimester 3 of last year. In T1 of this year, you took LA 10 (or AP Eng Lang and Comp or Composition) and earned an “A.” You can request that your LA 10 grade replace your Science Fiction grade.  Your high school transcript will show an "A" grade for each course. 

**NOTE: Only grades on high school transcripts will be changed. If you took a college course through CWU there will be no change to that grade.**

STEP 2:  AFTER you get your final grades for Trimester 1 (or 2 or 3), complete the Grade Improvement Request Form below.  Your replacement grade will be added to your transcript and impacts your cumulative GPA. Grade improvement requests will be processed as follows:

T1 grades:      Submit by Dec. 16, 2020, for priority processing
T2 grades:      Submit by March 26, 2021, for priority processing
T3 grades:      Submit by June 28, 2021.

Requests will not be accepted after June 28th, 2021.

To request your replacement grade(s), complete the electronic form here:

Grade Improvement Request Form

(Reminder: Please wait until final grades are complete to fill out this form. THANK YOU!)